January 10, 2010

Holiday Tea Party Tradition




For years now we have been holding an Anderson Holiday Tea Party.  This is a little sad without my Mom this year.  I miss her more than I imagined I would and wish so much that I would have spent more time with her making memories.  She always called everything a tea party with us girls.  If you were at her house having a pbj sandwich she would cut it up fancy and add some chips on a pretty place and .... magic .... tea party.  She put a little sparkle in the things that she did.  Miss you mom!

Gayle and I have taken turns over the past few years hosting the event.  It was my turn this year and everyone helped to make this a fun afternoon.  We decided to have it after Christmas and before New Year's.  Luckily Julie and her family were here visiting so she was able to be with us.  It was great to have all the girls together.  Calli was the youngest tea party attendee.

Sheldon stopped by to pick something up and took a few photos of the group.  I love that we can get together during the holidays if only for a few hours and catch up with everybody.  This is one tradition that I hope never gets old.

No comments: