January 22, 2010

Cake Decorating 101

Vance got to try out the frosting. Yummy! Leslie, Amy and Jennie came over to have lunch together and visited while Allison worked on her birthday surprise for Vance who will be two in February. We celebrate the upcoming birthdays at our monthly family home evening which will be on Sunday. Vance will be a big 2 year old, Brayden 5 and Joseph (32 I think).
The Curious George birthday cake turned out so cute. Way to go Alli!

Leslie got Allison started with piping in the outline of the shape for the monkey and showing her some basic techniques. Leslie makes it looks easy.
Allison set out to make Vance's birthday cake. He loves Curious George so Allison picked up a cute Wilson pan and some decorating supplies and came over to my house to put it all together. Leslie does cakes as a little side business and she had some great tips on how to make the cake really moist. Years ago I took several cake decorating classes at the Community College and made lots of holiday & birthday cakes for years. I haven't done it in a long time so it was fun to help Allison.

2 comments:

Steve and Gayle said...

It looks like you had a very fun afternoon with the girls.

Alli Waldron said...

Brayden's 5, not 3 mom! And Joe's going to be 32 I think!