January 10, 2010

Family Service Project 2009


Last year we challenged the kids to do a service project with their families during the holidays. Kim and I did our own and also joined in with the grandkids.  Everyone wanted to do the same thing again, so all year they stock piled soap, tooth brushes and tooth paste, shampoo, lotion, razors, black socks, waters, feminine products, etc. to pass out to the homeless people living near the downtown area. Amy's serious coupon shopping really paid off with bags and bags of items to share.


I admit I cheated and ran to the store a few days before the datte we had planned and purchased bags of black socks. The people gathered around as soon as they could see we were passing out some holiday cheer. Jennie and Robert's family had another commitment and couldn't be there this year. Bummer

No comments: