January 1, 2011

White Christmas SISTERS 12/2011


I forgot to post this during Christmas, but I don't want to forget what my daughters did for Christmas Eve.  One of my all time favorite holiday movies is White Christmas by Irving Berlin.  Somehow it just rings in the season when I watch it each year early in December.  I love the singing and dancing and the costumes, but especially the storyline about the two sisters.  On Christmas Eve we always have a little talent show where each family is assigned to have something prepared.  Over the years we have had piano solos and duets, a trumpet trio, gymnastics routines, stories, jokes, Nativity presentations, tricks, and lip sync numbers.  Many great memories for us to be sure.  This year topped the chart for me when Jennie, Leslie, Amy and Allison had a little surprise number.  The four of them did a lip sync/dance to "Sister" from the movie White Christmas.  They were amazing, funny, cute and terrible all at the same time.  Thanks girls for knowing what I love and for being so sweet to sing that old song for me.  Merry Christmas to you too!

No comments: