July 8, 2012

Sutton Sister Weekend 2012

It was my turn to plan our 2nd Annual Sutton Sister Weekend so we decided the best time would be while Jennie and her family were here visiting.  It made our time together a little shorter (basically and overnighter) but no one seemed to mind too much. 
I bought everyone a mini from Nothing Bundt Cakes  one of our favorites.  I decided to try a tropical theme for our weekend together so I got some flower lights and leis.
There was a gift for everyone.... a pink tropical drink cup filled with matching shirts that said
"Sister Weekend 2012", some tropical sented soap from Bath and Body Works.  Amy had a friend who helped with the screen printing, Amy took care of it for me which I appreciatd and Leslie helped me get a deal on the tropical soap.
I had a few basic plans for the evening.  After the hotel we were going to dinner then Line Dancing lessons at Stoney's and then swimming and relaxing at the pool in the morning. 
We started out by taking our luggage to our hotel and letting the girls find their surprises.
I had never been to the South Point hotel before but it was on our side of town and not to crazy expensive.  It turned out to be just right for what we needed for a quick weekend.
I had the girls pose with their loot and Allison put her camera on a timer
so we could all be in the picture below.  What cute daughters I have!
The first order of business was dinner.  You would think that trying to find a restaurant with a tropical theme would be easy??? I was hoping for a luau, but the only one I could find was at the Imperial Palace and when I read all the negative reviews online I decided against it.  We ended up trying some place I had never been before - Kahunaville in the Treasure Island Hotel. It was casual but my dinner was yummy.  They did a flare bartending show.
We ordered a couple virgin Pina Coladas to get into the tropial mode.  Sort of like a very sweet slurpee.  Allison even brought a coupon for buy one get one free.  I love my frugal girls. 
They know how to have a good time together and not spend a fortune.
You have to get a pointing photo  - it's a classic.  Amy and Allison couldn't resist.
Joseph's cousin Clayton works at  Mystere ticketing.  When we walked up to Kahunaville restaurant we were directly across from where he worked.  Leslie spotted Clayton and went over to see if there was any possible way of getting tickets.  Everyone was game to change our plans if he could get us tickets.  Clayton got us 5 comp tickets to the show - 6th row front and center. 
While we waited for the show to start at 9:30 that evening Leslie suggested that we go shopping at the Fashion Show Mall literally across the street from the Treasure Island.  Dropped some dollars there shopping for back to school clothes and shoes for the kids.  I did pretty good myself - only bought a little bit.  I don't need back to school things anymore but am always up for shopping.  So much for keeping it a cheap evening.  Dillards was having their 40% off with an additional 30% off annual summer sale.  Seriously some great buys for the girls. 
After shopping till we nearly dropped Allison pulls out her back-up shoes. What???
Who brings back-up shoes?  Brilliant idea.  Jennie had on these crazy high heels an
her feet where killing her, so Allison shared her nice flat sandals.  Now that is sister love! 
Jennie sat on the floor at the hotel and change shoes.  Great.
 I had never been to see Mystere before and thoroughly enjoyed the show.
We got back to the hotel around 11:30ish and everyone went through their bags to evaluate what they purchased and to try a few things on.  Leslie once again (our major night owl in our family) suggested that we go to the 1:00 a.m. BINGO at the South Point.  Leslie knows more than any of us the rules and how to do the hote Bingo thing.  Amy and Jennie got electronic Bingo machines and the rest of of us had old school paper sheets and dobbers.  Jennie was so tired (she is the major sleeper in our family), she was practically drooling and asleep when all of the sudden her machine starts beeping at her in the very last game of the session.  She sits up and says "what is that sounds,
wait did I get..... and yells BINGO" 
We were cracking up at Jennie - you would have had to have been there it was so funny.
 The lucky girl wins $167. 
Winner winner chicken dinner!  Who me????
Jennie is about to buy everyone breakfast with her winnings.  Yeah!
We went back to our hotel room and called it a day at like 3:40 a.m.  Way way past my bedtime.
We all decided to sleep in and then head to breakfast at IHOP and then to the pool to hang out for a little bit.  I can't remember the last time I slept in until 10:00 a.m.  Decadent but I was so tired.
I have got to loose that roll- ugh!
I felt extra crafty this year and so I made the girls a 4th of July firecracker thing.  It was too cumbersome to take to the hotel so I gave them their gifts when we had Family Home Evening that night with our families.  Hope we have lots more girls weekend memories together.
THANKS TO MY WONDERFUL DAUGHTERS FOR A GREAT NIGHT OUT!

Who is doing next year?
1-2-3  Not it!

No comments: