July 21, 2010

Getting ready for Viva Bike Vegas


I purchased my first road bike this week!  After reading, shopping around, and talking to my sister Pam, I finally decided on a Specialized Dolce Sport road bike.  Robert and Jennie are planning to start training on the weekends taking different routes around the valley and I'm going to join them.  The RTC Viva Bike Vegas 2010 isn't until October but I want to have a little bit of skill by that time.  I registered for the ride today and ordered my Commemorative Jersey.  The graphic on the shirt is the new bridge over Hoover Dam area that the participants get a change to ride on before it is officially opened to traffic.  Don't really know what I'm doing, but I hope I catch on quick.  I'm excited to join the ranks.

2 comments:

Steve and Gayle said...

You are a brave woman and evidently a rich one too!

Kelsie & Reilly said...

Are you sure you will be able to hang?!