May 5, 2010

BYU Women's Conference 2010

Becky, Gayle and I encouraged as many of our daughters as were able to attend BYU Women's Conference together this year.  It's hard with everyone's busy lives to coordinate the effort but I'm so glad that those who could come did, and know that we missed those who couldn't make it this year.  We all enjoyed a variety of classes, lunches, visiting into the early morning hours and laughing.  The best classes were the ones when we shared with each other the things we were doing in our own lives.  I love my girls, nieces, and sister all so much.  My favorite part was the very end of the Women's Conference as we sat all together in the Marriott Center and listed to Elder and Sister Oaks.  As we sang the closing song "I Know That My Redeemer Lives" I couldn't hold back the tears of emotion.  It is so powerful to sing that wonderful song of testimony with 30,000 other women and especially with those women in my own family who I love so much.  This will be a wonderful memory to me.  The snow on the drive up was crazy however, thankfully Leslie was driving and we were able to make it up to Provo without any mishaps.  We did need a photo at the gas station in our flip flops - definitely from Las Vegas.

1 comment:

Steve and Gayle said...

Women's Conference was great. I'm so glad we were able to join in with all of you. I enjoyed all of it and hope we can repeat it again sometime in the future.