Amy gave the Family Home Evening lesson this month and had prepared a little SCHOOL SURVIVAL KIT for each child starting school on Monday. Everyone had fun seeing what was inside and answering questions about how to overcome the challenges they may face at school. Kits included:
Cleaning wipes - remember to keep yourself morally clean
Band Aid - use the Holy Ghost as an aid in making good decisions
Guaze - pad yourself with the gospel standards
Starburst - be a true star and don't ever cheat at school
Smarties - be smart when choosing your friends
Rootbeer Barrel - sometimes you just have to barrel through the hard times.
On the outside of the kit their was a letter P - to remind us that most importantly, don't forget to pray.
I decided to have a "Back to School Dance" for a little end of summer fun. Everyone brought their favorite CD or IPOD playlist, I picked up a disco ball for a little atmosphere, and the party was on. Afterwards we had pazookie's with vanilla ice cream. Yum!
3 comments:
I will send you the pictures of the dance! I think that I got some cute ones :)
I like the new paint color. I wasn't sure it wasn't go to be a big change but I REALLY like it so far!
Leave it to Amy to come up with such a cute idea. I guess we can't all be creative like her!
What a great FHE activity. Amy is seriously awesome!! I have to admit, I'm a little bit jealous of her creativity gene. Well, a lot jealous! ;)
Post a Comment