July 10, 2009

Deep in the heart of Texas


I was so sad to see Allison, Chad and Vance move to Texas at the end of June. This is a photo that the security guy at the gate took of us. I didn't get very far down the walkway before the tears started flowing. I am going to miss them. I get it that they are excited to head out on their own and make a spot for themselves, but it doesn't make it a whole lot easier. We are planning to fly to see them in February and I can't wait. Allison will be back for our annual Octoberfest and then for Christmas. I love reading her blog and visiting with her on the phone. The best way for me to feel connected has been with our webcam. I just need to see Vance in action.

3 comments:

Alli Waldron said...

You know I miss you WAY more than you are missing you. You still have 3 daughters, 3 son-in-laws, and 10 grandkids to keep you busy in Vegas. We're the lonely ones!!!

Amy said...

It is crazy that she is gone. I still don't like her very much for moving :(

Steve and Gayle said...

From one mother to another, I totally understand what you're feeling. I have three out of four daughters now out of state. Be glad you've got so many at home. Think of it this way; now, you have a great place to travel!