At School they were having a spirit day and the students were suppose to dress up like twins or something, anyway our kids decided on multiplicity and tried to have as many as wanted to dress up like Mormon missionaries just about 1/2 the class participated. Later the next morning I heard that students and teachers commented about the great caliber of kids the Mormon are on campus. One young woman said she was intially nervous about dressing up like a missionary and then she dug deep and found the courage to do it. She said that she was so greatful to be part of this cool thing at school. It was hard for her -- putting it out there for everyone at school to see that you were a Mormon. I am proud of my class and love to be with them every day. Great, great youth.
Jordan is on the left and is my Class President this year. This is Jordan and his non-member friend Ishaan who attends with him every day.
Cindy H. was a student of mine last year and is attending UNLV as a freshman this year. She came by my class this week to tell me that her boyfriend Tyler, who was also in my class last year was getting prepared to meet with his Bishop and to begin the process of turning in his Mission papers.
On Saturday morning this past weekend during the first session of General Conference I was at my grandson Brayden's football game so I had to DVR the first session to watch later that afternoon.
When I was sitting at the game visting with my daughter Amy she told me about the announcement she had heard regarding the lowering of the age young men and women can serve their missions.
My first thought was of Cindy. All last year she bore testimony and shared her desire to serve a mission herself. I quickly sent her a text just in case she hadn't heard. Her exact response text was, "No I didn't! :) oh my lanta! Thats awesomeeee. I just have a tear in my eye." This will be such a blessing for Cindy who is so ready to serve. I am so very happy for her.

No comments:
Post a Comment