Kim, David and Chad bought season tickets to The Smith Center's Inaugural Season as Christmas gifts this year. Amy, Allison and I went together to see the first show of the season "The Color Purple" which was really amazing. The venue was beautiful. Las Vegas has waited over 50 years to welcome a performing arts center to our city. This was worth the wait! The attention to detail in the design throughout the center was wonderful.
I have never read or seen the movie "The Color Purple" so the production was completely new to me. What a story of courage and triumph of Celie. I loved it. Usually when you see a musical there will be some good talent, but truly the entire cast were so talented. Totally enjoyed the evening.
The current season ticket holders had the option to renew for the 2012-2013 season through the end of the month. After talking about it Amy, Allison and I all decided to take the plunge and renew. It was a bit expensive but this will be entertainment for the entire next year. I love live theater and am so excited by the variety of the season The Smith Center have put together.
.jpg)


No comments:
Post a Comment