Since Pam and Jay were coming to visit and we knew that they liked to bike we decided that early Saturday morning we would plan to go for a bike ride through Red Rock Canyon. Allison and Chad have had road bikes that they purchased after Chad did his first Triathalon at Lake Las Vegas. Last Year Allison did the 50 mile Viva Bike Vegas event, which looked so hard I might add. Just recently Robert did the approx. 27 mile Tour de Summerlin bike ride with Allison. Robert purchased a bike for Jennie for her upcoming birthday in July and so Jennie has been learning to ride with her clip in shoes, a couple little crashes so far.
For our family bike ride I rented a bike for myself as well as Jay and Pam and then everyone else who had bikes joined us. We met at Blue Diamond community at 5:30 a.m. and rode through Red Rock Canyon and back is approx. 22 miles, (we didn't do the scenic loop which is super steep). I was by far the slowest but everyone took turn riding in the back with me and sharing a few skills and pointers so I could learn about riding a road bike. It was hard, but it felt so good to be outdoors and riding through Red Rock. The longer you live in Las Vegas the more you appreciate that the desert really does have it's own unique beauty.
1 comment:
You're amazing to tackle such a big ride on your first try. I'm totally impressed.
Post a Comment