

We stayed near Fort Worth and went to dinner one evening at a Steakhouse in the Stockyards Historical District. One morning we drove to Fort Worth for the Stockyard Herd "Stampede" which is when the cowboys bring a big group of Texas Longhorns down the main street. The Longhorns were huge. There was a photographer at this area that took our photo but asked first if I wanted to sit on top of the longhorn. That would be a big "no thanks".

We took the tour of the Texas Cowboy Hall of Fame one afternoon. I've never seen so many varities of buggy's and wagons. Lots of individual displays of the inductees there were some I had heard of before.

I loved these lighting figures that were at Billy Bob's Texas Roadhouse. It is the world's largest honky tonk. Kim and I went there one night and learned a new line dance and played some pool. We are not big dancers, but it was fun to hang out and watch everyone. Fun night.

Kim in front of the longhorn holding pen area. They have maintained an area for tourists. Since we live in Nevada the whole cowboy wild west era isn't unfamiliar, but I imagine there are plenty of people who have never seen anything remotely like this little bit of history.

We were able to stand right on the curbside as these longhorns were herded on past.

It had been pretty rainy so the sunshine felt great this chilly winter day.
1 comment:
Your trip sounds wonderful. It looks like you got to see a lot of different things. I'm glad you and Kim had such a great time.
Post a Comment