May 9, 2011

Nordic Roots





Kelsie had an assignment at school recently where she had to tell where her ancestors were from and she didn't know so she made up Germany.  Ugh!  I am failing.  For our Sunday Family Home Evening we talked about with the kids about our Norwegian Heritage.  I remember one year my Dad did a reunion called "The Viking Line" and later he wrote a book of family histories entitled "Nordic Roots".  My Dad's family were from Norway and my Mom's family were from Denmark and Sweden.  The Vikings were from these countries so I saw it as a perfect fit to have the kids dress up like maruading Vikings and snap a few photos.  I picked up a few costumes after Halloween last fall when the movie "How to Train Your Dragon" was released and so viking costumes were available.  Amy brought over some a bunch of swords that Sunday too.  The boys thought the photo was a little bit of torture but then had so much fun playing with the swords and axes in the back yard the rest of the evening.

No comments: